Citing Canon 1251, various dioceses, Catholic bloggers, and even secular newspapers are noting that the obligation to abstain from meat is abrogated on Friday, March 25, because it is the Solemnity of the Annunciation.
Source(s): these links will take you to other sites, in a new window.
- It’s ok to eat meat this Friday. Really! (Omaha World-Herald)
- Saint Albert the Great Offers Place of Worship and Fellowship (Not to Mention Fish Fry) (Baldwin-Whitehall Patch)
- Archdiocese issues Lenten regulations (St. Louis Review)
- Liturgical Advisories (Diocese of Pueblo)
- Archdiocese of Washington: comments (Facebook)
- Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord (Diocese of Des Moines)
- Happy Meat-Eating Friday! (2011 Edition) (JimmyAkin.org)